Monday to Friday
8:30 am - 11:30 am. &
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
9:00 am – 12:00 noon
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
REGULAR SUNDAY PROGRAM
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM Regular Puja
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM Bhajan/Keertan
11:30 AM – 12:00 Noon Discourse/Pravachana
12:00 Noon Announcement & Arti
Followed by Preeti Bhojan
FOR CULTURAL CENTRE BOOKING, PLEASE CONTACT
Hansa Thaleshvar (587-269-3440); Shiv Saraswat (780-430-9358); Rajeev Arora (780-983-3725)
Brochure on Hinduism
The Hindu Society of Alberta, a Cultural, Social and Religious Institute was founded in 1967. Since its inception, it has been serving the Cultural, Social and Religious needs of the groups and individuals whose way of life has been influenced noticeably by Hindu Culture.
Before our Temple and Cultural centre were built, we started out by showing Hindi films at the University of Alberta to raise money. Weekly religious sessions were held in a small room in Old Strathcona, and University classrooms were used for Hindi classes.
The Society seeks good relations with all communities regardless of color, creed or religion, due to the strong belief that Hindu Society's work is God's work.
Dear Friends. Members and Youth volunteers,
As many of you are aware, Hindu Society of Alberta (HSA) publishes its annual Deepawali Patrika (Publication) on the occasion of Deepawali. In 2016, we are hoping to release the annual Patrika on Saturday, the October29, the day of Deepawali puja in the temple.
We received a lot of suggestions to enrich the contents of Deepawali publication.
Through this email, the Patrika committee is requesting members to submit articles, poems and their unique experiences around Hinduism as a way of life for the upcoming issue of Deepawali publication. The deadline for submitting the material is Saturday, October 15. You can submit your articles as per the guidelines noted below to any of the following Patrika Committee
In particular, we encourage students from school and university to please take the time to contribute articles as per the guidelines below and share their personal experiences that drove them and their beliefs about Hinduism.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Guidelines for Article in Patrika
1. The articles may cover a wide spectrum of topics under Hinduism or Hinduism as a way of life - religion, yoga, meditation, philosophy, festivals, and you unique personal experiences around Hinduism as a way of life.
2. The length of an article should not exceed 1 or 1.5 page (Strictly maximum 2 pages). Editors reserve the right to edit the accepted articles. Any minor or major edits will be notified to the contributor of article.
3. Articles should be appropriate and not be offensive to any religious, community or cultural group.
4. Articles should be submitted in a MS word document format and should be attached with your email.
5. Language of Article : English or Hindi.
6. Book Review/Report: This is a descriptive and critical/evaluative account of a book. It provides a summary of the content, assesses the value of the book, and recommends it (or not) to other potential readers. Reports must contain the complete bibliographic reference of the book such as (a) Title, (b) Name of the author(s), (c) Name of the publisher, (d) Place of publication, (e) Total number of pages and (f) It should be with the name(s) of the author(s) of the review.
7. Editors reserve the right to modify both the content and the format of submitted article.
8. Decision of editors to accept or reject any article will be final. No explanation, discussion or correspondence will be entertained if an article is not accepted.
You can submit your articles to me or the following Patrika Committee members:
Mr. Kumud Acharya Tel # 780-487-3735 firstname.lastname@example.org;
Mr Rajiv Ranjan Tel # 780-722-7015 email@example.com
Tel # 780-983-3725
V.P.(Communication and PR)